Go to Bed Empty
The nightly routine before winding down to bed...
- Fill the [[Five Line Journal]] entry for the day
- Fill all 24 hours into TimeKeeper and update my timesheet in Jira
- Record all done tasks in Todo.txt
- Review all inboxes for new tasks and add them to Todo.txt
- Review goals from previous [[Fortnight Review]]
- Prioritize tasks in Todo.txt from A (do now), B (do today) or C (do this fortnight) or unprioritized (do sometime in the indefinite future)
- Copy the A and B prioritized tasks into the [[Bullet Journal]] under an entry for the new day
- Update the [[Monthly Habits]] log
- Update the currently reading note with today's articles
- Commit documents to the repository for the day
- Clap. Say "it is done," turn off monitors
Ideally this should never take more than thirty minutes.
New: Evaluate, am I tracking to my work commitments? Am I overspending time on social media, sleep or chores? Did I make time for skunkworks and projects? Did I make time for FGR? Did I take time for zazen and walking?
Through the Day
Through the day itself, I track detailed progress on engineering work using my [[Software Engineering Labook]] and track higher-level tasks in the [[Bullet Journal]], only returning to Todo.txt and my digital tracking during the nightly review.
- Hallenbeck, Joseph. Timekeeper, Kynda. Retrieved 2020-10-14.
- Trapani, Gina. Todo.txt: Future-proof task tracking in a file your control, Todo.txt. Retrieved 2020-10-14.