German Potato Salad
- 2 pounds gold or red potatoes cut into 1/2-inch thick slices skins included
- 3-4 bacon slices, diced
- 1 cup kraut
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- One bunch of diced chives
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil potatoes in a dutch oven for ten to fifteen minutes. The consistency
should be tender to the fork, but not disolving into mashed potatoes.
- Fry up the bacon, when it starts to get crisp, toss in the kraut and fry it
up in the bacon grease as well.
- Drain the potatoes and add bacon, kraut, and grease to the dutch oven;
Carefully fold into the potatoes the remaining ingredients adjusting
measurements to taste. Mash a few of the potatoes against the side of the
oven to help thicken the sauce.
- Refrigerate over night